Property ID : Yes
$650 ++ per night
Ricefield View Villas in Bali
This quite extraordinary dwelling is one of Bali’s newest and most opulent mansions, and yet the moment you enter Villa Raja, it’s as if you’ve taken a time machine back to Bali’s golden era of architecture.
Crafted by two of the island’s most talented traditional builders, this is a structure of great beauty with a timeless patina which weaves state of the art technology into a fabulous fabric of antiquity. 400 year old timbers, richly carved paneling, coral, pebbles, and limestone, marble and even re-cut Art Deco roof tiles decorate every aspect of the building.
Villa Raja features another 3 stunning bedrooms with beautiful en-suite bathrooms. One forms the upper floor of a separate smaller timber jineng which overhangs the huge 20 meter lap pool, rimmed with carved stone and fed by spouting, 2 meter stone statues. Here you swim in drinkable water produced by a sophisticated colloidal silver purification plant. The pool also features an 8 meter water-slide made by the builders of Bali’s famous roller coaster water-slide center, ‘Water Bom’ in Kuta.
Like the country which inspired it, the villa is itself an unforgettable cultural experience. From the huge “fantastic creatures” front door (carved out of a 1000 year old sprawling lychee’s root) to the magnificent, carved Borobodur style taro stone gate; or the priceless antique Sumba stone ceremonial slab which serves as a bridge to the dining gazebo, which ‘floats’ on a water lily pond, replete with giant fish. This is indeed a photographer’s paradise.
If there is one thing as synonymous with Bali as beauty, it’s tourists laid down with Bali Belly. Bali’s water is decidedly 3rd world and everyone uses bottled water to drink, brush teeth etc. But it’s pretty well impossible, if not financially enviable, to wash food in bottled water, or shower and wash in it, which is why the owners have installed a state of the art water purification plant, again using the colloidal silver filtration system, the world’s most effective water purification technology (as used on the space shuttle.) Pure, totally safe drinking water is piped to all showers, basins etc in the house.
- Situated in the heart of tranquil Canggu, a traditional Balinese village, with postcard views onto rice paddies, well away from night club noise yet only 17 minutes from Seminyak
- 4 air conditioned bedrooms, all with en-suites and walk in robes
- Cinema Raja: a separate media room with satellite TV, DVD, indoor and outdoor sound system, giant movie screen plus reclining leather cinema lounges.
- Separate office with Broadband satellite internet connection
- Dining gazebo with seating for 10
- 20 meter lap pool with water-slide
- Purified tap water throughout
- 2 state of the art kitchens, one for guests, one for kitchen staff
- Internal laundry
- Full house capacity generator
- Carport with parking for 2 cars
- 24 hour security
- Window screening and vermin proof construction throughout
- A full complement of staff, including our housekeepers Wayan, Made and Iluh who prepare delicious traditional and Western cuisine on request.
- All taxes and government charges.
- Transfer to and from airport (40 minutes drive)
- In house cook and housekeeping staff.
- Unlimited entry to the exclusive Canggu Club, a short 10 minute drive from the villa, with full gym facilities plus tennis courts, pool, library, cocktail bar and outdoor restaurant.
- 24 security service.
- Luxury bathroom products: soaps, shampoo and conditioner.
- Rooms serviced twice daily.
- Laundry and pressing (excludes dry cleaning)
|Number of Bedroom||:||4|
|Low Season / night||:||USD 650net|
|High Season / night||:||USD 750net|
|Peak Season / night||:||USD 750net|